Free U.S. Shipping Over $60
Muscle Matrix Protein (Whey/Casein Blend)
Complete Protein Matrix Providing 4 hours of Amino Acid Delivery to Muscle
Muscle Matrix contains 25 grams of pure, complete protein derived from two different milk sources that digest and absorb at different rates to ignite muscle protein synthesis and keep amino acid levels in systemic circulation elevated for hours; in turn providing the perfect anabolic state for maximizing muscle growth and repair. The whey isolate in Muscle Matrix is rapidly digested and causes robust hyperaminoacidemia (elevated amino acid levels in the blood) that remains elevated after 1.5 hours and returns to baseline after approximately 3-5 hours. These elevated levels increase protein synthesis and anabolism. In contrast, the micellar casein found in Muscle Matrix coagulates in the gut and is digested slower than whey protein isolate. This leads to a slow increase in amino acid concentrations in the blood that remain elevated for up to 7 hours, thus extending muscle protein synthesis times. In sum these two proteins found in Muscle Matrix protein work together at the right times to help you achieve results.
Muscle Matrix paired with proper training can lead to increases in lean muscle mass, gains in strength, decreases in body fat, and less time spent recovering from a muscle damaging work out session. With Muscle Matrix you can also rest assured there is no amino spiking and what's on the label is EXACTLY what you get.
Muscle Matrix contains no low quality whey concentrate or other inferior proteins, added carbs, maltodextrin, dextrose, creamers, or any other fillers; just pure, non-denatured proteins that are cold temperature processed to keep protein fractions intact and protect the integrity of the amino acid profiles. Muscle Matrix is also low in fat, sugar, carbs, and calories so can worry more about your next set instead of meeting your macros. Don't cheat your gains by choosing an inferior protein powder or skimping on you daily protein intake. Make Muscle Matrix the foundation of your muscle building temple.
What you WILL FIND in each serving of NutraBio Muscle Matrix Protein:
- A protein with full label/ingredient disclosure
- 25 grams of complete, high quality protein derived from whey protein isolate and micellar casein
- An advanced full spectrum amino acid profile to maximize protein synthesis, minimize muscle breakdown, and support recovery.
- Cold processed, Cross flow micro and ultra-filtered non denatured whey. With a full balance of bioactive whey protein fractions.
- A protein that is low in net carbs, lactose, fat, cholesterol, and is gluten and BSE/TSE free. Everything you need and nothing you don't.
- A protein that is kosher
- A protein that is developed in our own GMP certified and FDA inspected facility. 99.9% of our competitors can't make this claim. We have total control of our protein isolate from start to finish.
What you WON'T FIND in NutraBio Muscle Matrix Protein:
- Proprietary blends or amino spiking. We provide full label/ingredient disclosure on our Muscle Matrix protein. No games, no tricks... just the purest, freshest protein available.
- Inferior sources of protein such as low quality whey concentrates.
- Extra added amino acids like taurine or glycine used by some brands to boost nitrogen content and fool you into thinking you are getting more protein than you really are.
- Ion exchange or acid treated protein which destroys the natural undenatured state of whey causing it to lose its anti-cancer and immune stimulating activity.
- Fillers, excipients, maltodextrin or dextrose, added sugar or carbs, artificial colors, GMOs, or banned substances.
- Banned substances
A Quick Word About Milk Proteins as a Whole
Extensive research on milk proteins (whey and casein) has been conducted as it relates to their roles in enhancing adaptations from exercise. This research has shown that milk proteins, ingested following exercise and throughout the day, can speed recovery, promote a positive nitrogen balance, increase glycogen replenishment, and improve hydration status... . ultimately leading to increases in skeletal muscle hypertrophy and neuromuscular strength. When compared to other protein sources milk proteins have the highest PDCAAS score and contain the greatest density of leucine (Whey 11%, Casein 9.3%); the primary branched chain amino acid responsible for stimulating muscle protein synthesis. While both whey and casein are high in quality they do differ extensively in the rate they digest which offers a unique benefit to individuals when combined together.
A closer look at Whey Protein Isolates... The Fuel that Ignites Muscle Protein Synthesis
Whey protein isolates digest and absorb rapidly and are, gram for gram, the purest form of protein available (90% pure protein). This level of purity is achieved through a cold, cross micro and ultra-filtration process that removes the larger, less-absorbable protein molecules while also filtering out fat, lactose and ash that can be present in whey concentrates and substandard protein powders. Furthermore, this process does not denature the valuable proteins and peptides in whey, so the protein itself is of higher quality.
Studies suggest the ingestion of fast-acting protein sources, such as whey isolates, can increase amino acid levels in systemic circulation and stimulate robust increases in protein synthesis; arguably the most important physiological factor in existence when it comes to muscle growth, strength, and recovery. What's more, since whey protein isolates generally are low in carbs, lactose free, fat free, cholesterol free, and gluten free; it makes it the perfect choice for low-carb dieters, lactose intolerant individuals, or athletes who want to get ripped while packing on muscle.
A closer look at Micellar Casein... The Fuel that Sustains Muscle Protein Synthesis
While whey isolates digest and absorb quickly; micellar casein digests and absorbs more slowly. Because it is digested slowly and leads to a relatively sustained increase in amino acids, micellar casein seems to inhibit protein breakdown to a greater extent than whey protein isolates and prolongs muscle protein synthesis (MPS) times.
It should also be noted that not all casein is equivalent. Micellar casein, as opposed to caseinate, is isolated from milk by filtration rather than by use of acid or heat. This filtration method preserves the structural integrity of the protein, unlike what occurs in other processing methods. Basically, when heat or acid is used to separate casein out of milk, the micelle's structures are altered, resulting in a loss of biological activity and digestibility. It's not surprising then that undamaged milk proteins, such as micellar casein, provide more than just a source of amino acids. It also provides many biologically active proteins that have direct immune and physiological benefits. This is why micellar casein and not an inferior casein was used for the slow digesting protein in Muscle Matrix.
Whey Isolates + Micellar Casein = A power 1,2 punch for igniting and prolonging muscle protein synthesis
From the above information it is not hard to see that when whey isolate and micellar casein are combined into one formula, such as in Muscle Matrix; gym-goers, athletes, and fitness enthusiasts alike can reap the benefits of both proteins. On one hand whey isolate ingestion leads to a rapid spike in amino acids levels which increases muscle protein synthesis more than micellar casein. On the other hand, micellar casein tends to have a more anticatabolic effect than whey isolates and prolongs muscle protein synthesis to a greater extent. The combination of the two means greater increases in lean muscle mass and shorter recovery times compared to when ingested separately.
In fact, a 2006 study conducted by Kerksick et al. examined the influence of a "fast" protein source (whey) compared to a blend of fast and slow proteins (whey and casein), ingested post-exercise over a 10-week period of resistance training. Subjects who ingested the blend of fast and slow protein showed significantly greater increases in muscle mass (+1.8 kg) than those who ingested only the fast protein.
Which Protein Blend is the Best?
Undoubtedly you have seen other protein blends on the market that not only contain whey isolates and micellar casein, but also other sources of protein such as egg, whey concentrates, and whey hydrolysates. The theory behind using these additional proteins in a blend is it will cause a fast, medium, and slow release of amino acids into the bloodstream and be more "effective" in stimulating muscle protein synthesis (MPS). Independently, each is a good source of protein (except in the case of a low quality whey concentrate) and can induce MPS, but adding them to a blend that already contains whey isolates and micellar casein provides no additional benefits according to research. To prove this point view the chart below which demonstrates the absorption kinetics of different protein types.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to take Muscle Matrix?
- Add 1 heaping scoop of Muscle Matrix to 6-8 ounces of cold water or beverage (milk, almond milk, rice milk, juice, etc.) and mix in a shaker cup. To make a creamy smoothie add 2-3 ice cubes and put in blender for 20-30 seconds. Vary the amount of liquid to meet your desired taste and consistency. Consume 1 scoop within 20 minutes after your workouts. Consume 1-3 servings daily as needed to satisfy your protein requirements. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition.
When is the best time to take Muscle Matrix?
- Muscle Matrix should be taken at nighttime (right before sleep) and within 20 minutes after workouts to help provide sustained amino acid delivery during the two most crucial times of muscle growth: during sleep and post-training.
Is consuming too much protein bad for your kidneys?
- Absolutely not. This is a myth. No piece of scientific literature exists showing that eating a high protein diet has any detrimental effects on renal function in otherwise healthy individuals.
How should I stack NutraBio Muscle Matrix Protein with your other products?
- We suggest taking one of our versions of PRE 30-45 minutes before your workout, Intra Blast during, and Muscle Matrix immediately after.
Can't I meet my daily protein requirements through a regular diet?
- While it is possible to meet daily protein requirements through a balanced diet; some individuals find it difficult to get the 1.5 -2 grams per kg/bodyweight necessary to maximize muscle growth and promote recovery. This is why individuals often turn to protein supplementation as a convenient way to meet their individual protein needs.
Are whey isolates superior to higher quality whey concentrates; such as WPC 80?
- Yes, and no. Whey isolates are 90% pure protein while higher quality whey concentrates will be ~80% pure protein; making isolates "superior" on a gram for gram basis. However, both forms of whey digest rapidly and help support muscle building and recovery goals. At the end of the day which one you choose really depends on your goals. If you need a protein the is lower calorie and free of fats, lactose, and cholesterol; go with an isolate. On the other hand, if you need a protein that is more calorie and fat laden, which may be beneficial when weight gain is the goal, choose a high quality whey concentrate. Just be sure the label makes clear that the whey concentrate being used is at least 80% pure protein.
Recently viewed products
tastes like cake! I like the blend too.